On November 4th a survey was sent to the DWC Meet-up list of 500. As of November 19th we had received 73 completed surveys, representing a 15% response rate. (really good!! – Thanks to all that took the time to respond!)
Active DWC members and event attendees are passionate about the organization continuing. They feel strongly that the focus of the group continue to include networking, providing its members with different ways to market their businesses and/or services, ‘women’s issues/concerns’, and educational opportunities via workshops, seminars, and round tables.
1) 67% of respondees have been attending DWC events for 1-5 years, with 37% participating for more than 3 years.
2) 44% of respondees heard about DWC South Shore from others who had attended DWC events. An additional 16% learned about DWC from attending non-DWC events.
3) 61% of respondees are DWC+ (paying) members. Accuracy of this is difficult to determine. (Many think that they are members because they signed up on Meet-up and are not in reality DWC+ members.)
4) 98% consider the monthly networking events to be important to extremely important.
5) 90% consider continuing the networking events to be important to extremely important.
6) 64% consider it important to extremely important that we ‘keep the group focused on women? (Not to exclude men, but women’s causes and focus)’.
7) Respondees are interested in attending networking events all around the South Shore, with 90+% preferring the following towns: Hingham, Cohasset, Scituate, Norwell, Rockland and Hanover.
8) 55% of respondees are members of SSWBN, 45% are members of South Shore Chamber.
9) 10 respondees are interested in being on an event-planning steering committee in the near future.