Nov 28th Friendraiser with MA Ed Foundation
November 30, 2011 | posted in: News
| by Reiko
Hope everyone had fun the other night at Summer Shack! 75 people showed up to celebrate the beginning of the Holiday Season!
Veva Johnson, President of Massachusetts Educational Foundation wrote to me:
Please extend a hearty thank you to all the DWC members who came to this event with an open heart and supported the MEF as they truly assisted us in reaching this wonderful goal… We raised a scholarship. Total count is $1,115.00
And a great big thank you to Summer Shack for the great location and appetizers, and Derby Street Shoppes for the fantastic goodie bag with coupons (specials for that evening) and See’s Candies, and Ann Taylor who wooed us with champagne, desserts and 50% off for the evening!!
Both the MEF and i-network (formerly the DWC SS) want to thank all the businesses and individuals that donated the fabulous raffle prizes:
- Angela Nuss – donated the Beach Body Workout
- Evey Golden – Magic Beans $40.00 gift card
- Snip-Its -( Kids Haircuts ) 2 gift certificate
- Panera Bread – gift certificate FREE loaf of breach for a YEAR
- Talbot’s – $30 gift card
- Phyllis Wenzel – Image Resolution – Donating a Canvas Print and a gift certificate $25.00 to go along with it
- Gwen Morgan – The Lydia Group – Donating a copy of the “What if…. Workbook “
- Lynn Feingold– Songs of the Colonial Days – Donating gift basket with 5 pounds of Dunkin Donuts coffee
- Susan White- Susan White Photo – Donating a Framed limited edition art print by national award winning photographer Susan White value at $100.00
- Veva Johnson – Professional Bookkeeping Service – donating a Kindel and three $50.00 each Penny cards
- Rustic Kitchen – donating a gift card
- Orquidea Martinez- Ind. Beauty Consultant Mary Kay – donating a basket of Mary Kay Product
- Jackie McCarthy Coffee News and Teri Martini Front Street Gourmet…a Gourmet Coffee Baske
- Pauline Aligheri – 4 Pashminas, donation from Friends of Mel
- Laura Willis, Willis Works – A throw Blanket
- Laura Willis, Willis Works – Santa on skies Night Light
- Laura Willis, Willis Works – Basket: Golf Cooler with a sweater shirt (m), manicure kit, 4 Top Flite golf balls, a golf distance finder, a Swing Speed Trainer, cork screw bottle opener, a pen.
- Laura Willis, Willis Works – Basket: Tea basket, 4 tea mugs, 2 tea linens, 4 danish stainless steel dishes, a candle and Cozy Chamomile Herb Tea.
- Laura Willis, Willis Works – 8 holiday high ball glasses with gold trim
- Laura Willis, Willis Works – Holiday Basket ….Holiday linen table cloth, Snowman Cookie dish, Napkin, 2 Candles, snow man mug and a Santa mug.
- Laura Willis, Willis Works – Misc man basket, Mans bath robe,flash light (2 one large and one small, picture frames, man’s manicure kit Bottle of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blank wine and snow man candle holder.
- Lee Darst – Estate Planning
Thanks to Alejandra Pena, Jackie McCarthy, and Laura Willis from the Ed Foundation for organizing the raffle prizes.
This is what happens when great groups of people work together!
Click on photo to see full version: